Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

NBA 2011 Playoff Update!

My prediction for the Western Conference:

MEM vs OKC
Although MEM eliminated Spurs, no.1 in the regular season, I think OKC will over MEN by 4-1.  OKC is such a strong team after their trade with Celtics. They have two-time scoring champion Durant, dynamic point guard Russell Westbrook, imposing shot blocker Serge Ibaka and a solid defensive presence in the middle, Kendrick Perkins.So, I think OKC definitely will win in the second round or even can get into the NBA Final.

DAL vs LAL
Lakers came away from the first round with a respect for feisty Chris Paul in six games. The Lakers now are daring Dirk Nowitzki to be even more dominant and lead the Dallas Mavericks past the Lakers in the second round. "Big challenge for Pau (Gasol)," Kobe Bryant said Saturday about the respective European-born power forwards, noting there is no one with Nowitzki's varied repertoire on offense to go with his size. With the threats of Nowitzki, Jason Kidd and Jason Terry, I can see it will be a tough series for Lakers. However, I think Lakers will over Dallas and get into the Western Final. My prediction is 4-2 Lakers win.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the Lakers, but I do not think Oklahoma will have to easy of a time with Memphis. Game 1 went to Memphis with Randolph stepping up with 34 points. Although I do agree that Oklahoma will take the series, I think its going to reach a game seven. You can't count a team out that beat the team with the best season record so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After watching today's game, I totally agree with you. I have to admit that I underestimated Memphis. Regardless of Randolph's good performance, Marc Gasol played a nice game too! I look forward to seeing the result of the series.

    ReplyDelete